Friday, April 6, 2012

Hi, I am Melancholy

My sibling depression often steals my identity but let me make it very clear... as an entity, I am distinct and separate. Contrary to popular perception, I am not a source of mournfulness and sadness alone. The fact that through centuries, hundreds of writers, composers and thinkers have found solace in my arms only furthers my stance.
So who am I and why do people turn to me? Is it when they begin to comprehend the complex intricacies of life? Why am I the timeless friend for people? Am I the shield that provides you cover when you are confronted with harshness? or am I the wine that intoxicates your mind and spurs your senses? The answer to all these questions is scattered, just like my dispersed identity.
I reverberate through the hollows of solitude... implacable.... I however do not intend to impose any shackles on you. You can very well choose ignorance and I shall forever be invisible to you. Mine is a subdued personality and I don't intend to spread disharmony or discord. Embracing me doesn't necessarily impose the obligations of a disconnect...its always a choice.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment